BACON WRAPPED BROWN SUGAR SMOKIES
Serves: About 45
- 1 (14-oz) package 'lil smokies cocktail links
- 1 lb maple flavored bacon, cut into thirds
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground chipotle or ancho chili pepper -- Only if you want
- Barbecue sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil spritzed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove the little smokies from packaging and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Wrap each smokie with one piece of bacon. Secure through the middle with a toothpick.
- In a gallon size bag mix together the brown sugar and ground chipotle pepper.
- Add the bacon wrapped smokies to the bag. Seal and gently shake until evenly coated.
- Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the bacon has crisped.
- Serve immediately with barbecue sauce, if desire